A little comfort goes a long way right now, and what better way to create that than with some at-home infused baking!
Get your favourite cannabis oil and let’s get cooking. This recipe calls for Reese’s Pieces mini candies, but you can replace with any add-in you have on hand to avoid going to the grocery store unnecessarily.
We used Solei Balance oil as it’s a great mild 1:1, because you might eat more than one cookie in a sitting. We might have had six… so, we encourage you to be very conscious of your dosing. At the 4-6 mg/ml concentration this oil has, and the recipe makes approximately 36 cookies (dependent on the size you make them), with a 30 ml bottle, you get roughly 3 mg per cookie. Please ensure you do that math if you choose to go with a higher concentration oil (ie 10 mg or higher) as this will put your concentration per cookie much higher. If you have self-control and only eat one cookie, this higher dose would be fine if you are a seasoned consumer. But we have no self-control, so we must follow the golden rule and “start low and go slow”.
Let’s get baking!
*Recipe adapted from The Spruce Eats. These are dairy-free, but the recipe will still work if you substitute regular dairy milk instead of a dairy-free alternative.
- 1 30 ml bottle of cannabis oil of choice (Solei Balance or oil of choice)
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter (natural)
- 1/2 cup sugar *can omit if you don’t like overly sweet cookies
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (or coconut, cashew or oat milk, more if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces mini candy pieces
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling* optional
A note about peanut butters: If you use all-natural peanut butter, with no added sugar, I recommend using the entire amount of sugar listed above, as it provides optimal sweetness. If you use regular peanut butter, such as Kraft, you can omit the ½ cup of white sugar as many traditional store-bought peanut butters are already sweetened.
Steps to Make
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Set aside a large ungreased baking sheet.
- In a medium-large bowl using an electric hand mixer, mix the peanut butter, cannabis oil and sugars until well combined, about 3 minutes (mixture will be difficult to mix at first).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add the vanilla and almond milk, and beat until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and oats.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet until the mixture comes together.
- Fold in the Reese’s Pieces candies.
- Drop the cookies into small mounds onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Immediately once removed from the oven, lightly sprinkle flaky sea salt on the cookies.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.