You know we had to come through for this. Brownies are the ultimate edible, the OG.
So, in honour of National Brownie Day, you know we had to concoct the most over-the-top, best of the best brownies, infused and full of all your favourite toppings.
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick infused cannabutter
- 2/3 cup good quality dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup Pretzels, broken into pieces
- Optional: Flakey Sea salt for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Grease and line a square 8-inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave, stirring at 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Stir in Nutella and mix until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla and stir. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir.
- Sift in the flour and stir until the brownie mixture is smooth.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour caramel sauce all over the top and gently swirl into the brownie batter using a butter knife. Press pretzel pieces on top.
- Bake the brownie for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and if you insert a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Once you remove brownies from the oven, immediately sprinkle lightly with finishing salt (We love Maldon flaky sea salt)
- Leave to cool completely.
The best part about Brownies, they are totally customizable. Always consume responsibly, but enjoy and get creative!